03 April 2005

Live from Dallas

10:15 - One big crowd came in and looked, but no one else yet. Of course, housekeeping is blocking the door. Maybe everyone else forgot about the time change (apparently my neighbors did). The lighting disaster was averted and even improved the light in the room! The replacement bulb is flourescent, so it is really bright. I repositioned the tri-stand and dragged the other floor lamp from the bedroom. The spotlight luckily wasn't dead as I was afraid when I first tried to turn it on this morning - the bulb had come loose.

Music is running, the printer is ready to make receipts, I'm ready to sell!

2:15 - Most interesting comment so far: "I don't count, I stitch." This confuses me as I count and stitch, but mostly stitch. Probably intended to refer to HPC, where the stitcher just stitches over the color on the canvas and doesn't have to count.

I'm not sure if this show can get any slower.

3:45 The big rush - two customers at once! Amusingly enough, they were needlepointers buying cross stitch charts. I really need to get some canvas and look into painting some of the designs (for people who don't count). :)
I wonder if there is a rush to look at canvases the first day (since I see people with canvas in their bags), since a vendor won't have a huge quantity. Maybe cross stitch can wait since I can quickly print more. We will see what tomorrow brings (oh, and the last hour the market is open today).

5:00 Day one finis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home