14 August 2006

And a good time was had by all

With much Pomp and Circumstance, a new doctor was added to the family:


Don't ask for a perscription, its a Doctor of Philosophy in there.

And this is how long a Texas A&M Graduation is:


That's 5 inches of seed stitch for those counting at home, or just under three hours. Just for the record, I think this occasion took around four hours (and I wasn't able to knit or stitch). Afterwards, there was lovely food, also an interesting trip to the Galleria, where we searched for a store that kept moving mysteriously, and a baseball game (unfortunately the Astros lost). Sunday it was time to put everyone back on planes and look at retackling the laundy.

In stitching news, I did actually put the knitting down and make some progress on one design. Two more are drawn up, but need to go from drawing to graph paper. Where are those elves? They really are shirking a lot of work around here. Another is in early "computer work" stages, but looks really cool in my head. What will be done in time for the October Needlework show? Hmm... I'm starting to wonder myself. There is a month in between September and October, right? Guess that means I'd better stop blogging and get to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

A moving store? Hmm...interesting...

Can't wait to see your new designs. You always have fabulous ideas! Now get to work for that show!

11:28 AM  
Blogger jymisgurl said...

What a gorgeous cat!
If you need any models stitched, just let me know! I've got even more time to stitch than I did before, now! ;)

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home