07 September 2005

Labor Day means....

According to my husband, Labor Day means we must labor. The furniture rearranging bug set in: wouldn't the secretary desk look good in the entry hallway instead of the dining room? Then wouldn't the bookcase from the family room look good where the secretary desk was? That looks so good, let's put the other book cases in the dining room as well! Let's move the map case into the family room. How should the couch go? (We tried it about five different ways) If we're moving the television from the gameroom, shouldn't it really go into the bedroom? Now the gameroom needs rearranging. I think there were only two rooms in the house that weren't rearranged or cleaned in the whole weekend. All in all, the house looks different and fuller without buying any more furniture. We also put more pictures up on the walls, and had a side trip to Ikea for a few decorating shelves. It is not something I'd like to do every weekend - in fact, I almost needed an extra day to recover from my long weekend!

Needless to say, I didn't get much stitching done. I did get the newest desings packed up for the Yarn Tree order so that they could be shipped on Tuesday. I also attended my LNS's market gossip night Tuesday. I'd never been to this before and it was pretty fun. The store owner had made bags up with the free stuff she'd gotten from the Columbus market - fabric squares and different gizmos from the different companies. There were also some bigger prizes: bags, a t-shirt, and nice patterns. We each got to pick randomly from the bags, then open them one at a time and she talked about what the items represented to the industry. I won a t-shirt and a nice bag. I also picked up some new thread that she showed made out of bamboo - I'm hoping to use it in a new design that has a Chinese theme, so I think it will be perfect. It was also interesting to be a designer at the event - the owner gave away a copy of one of my designs (because she was one bag short of being able to around an even number of times). When people realized I was the designer, they bought three more patterns so that I could autograph them! I'll have to learn to carry around a good autographing marker with me just in case!

I'm trying to multitask on several designs. I have the dragon welcome design in the final design stages - just color selection and then color testing to go before it can be stitched. Another design is in mid-design stage on the computer, and the Chinese design is in a half-sketched, half graphed stage. I've also been trying to work on something as a Katrina design. I have something started and I think I will make it so that it will fit into the quilt size parameters. Sometimes there are too many pots and not enough fires!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home