19 December 2005

Dreaming of a Green Christmas...

I'm dreaming of a Green Christmas, just like the ones I used to know. Those are the proper words to the song, didn't you know? Ok, the grass has turned a mostly brownish shade of green, and the bradford pears and popcorn trees have finally turned red, but there are plenty of shades of green still around (especially the pine trees and live oaks). Last year was the first White Christmas I've ever had and we were in the southern tip of Texas! Of course, driving through snow and sleet in an area where they're really not used to it was no piece of cake, especially not on Christmas eve (and we had rescued a couple of relatives of friends who were stranded at the Houston airport, so we had a large crew).

I am happy to report that the Making Christmas Project has come together nicely and mostly on time. Christmas cards got mailed out on Saturday - note to self, don't buy square cards anymore, they cost twelve cents extra to mail! Almost all the presents are wrapped, except for DH's and he needs to be out of the house for that to happen. We're still waiting on DB's gift (small snafu there), so St. Nicholas will be a little late getting to Germany, all other deliveries have been dropped off at the Post Office. And that place is getting crowded! But I'm most excited to report that almost all of the ornaments have been made! I'm working on the last one right now - and when I'm done, that will make four completed ornaments! Yay! One of the ornaments had been languishing in the finished box since 2000 and now it can hang on the tree. The others are models for new designs.

Tomorrow is a Holiday Breakfast for our group at work. I'm bringing doughnut holes. I'm thinking of bringing two bowls and having two signs, one that says "Regular doughnut holes" and has all the ones I get at Shipley, and the other that says "Low-fat sugar-free doughnut holes" and is empty. Will anyone but me laugh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home