02 November 2005

Stitching week

I'm one of the lucky people who lives reasonably close to more than one LNS. In fact, I remember on one occasion visiting three in one Saturday. Sadly, two of those have now closed, but a new one has opened. I believe there are at least five cross-stitch stores in the greater Houston Metro area (counting Richmond and Leauge City). They're a bit spread out, so I don't know if it would be possible to get to all five in one day (and one is mostly a quilting store). There are also a bunch of needlepoint stores and yarn stores in town. Anyway, back to the two LNS's near me. They both have an evening stitch-in once a month. One happens to be the first Wednesday of the month, the other happens to be the first Thursday of the month. Unfortunately for DH, this typically means he gets neglected two nights in a row the first week of the month!

So I must dash - I have my stitching with me, but I just realized I want to pick up my finished Ribbons to show off. Then I have to stop and get some dinner on the way to the LNS.

Unfortunately, I don't have any new designs to stitch on, so I'll be working on a Dr. Suess pattern that I'm close to finishing. It is some obligation stitching that needs to get done, anyway. That's not to say that the new designs aren't getting stitched on - they're all at the model stitchers. I just don't have one that I've saved for myself like I usually do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home