11 October 2005

One of those days

It's been one of those days. Relatively speaking, it wasn't that bad, just alot of frustration built up that overflowed. It is dangerous when I let it all boil out like that, too, because I run the risk of getting a migraine headache. I did clean off my desk by shoving everything onto the flooor, though. That felt good. I'm going to leave it all there for a while, too! Tonight's a gym night, so that should help as well, and even though the scale was broken this morning (the reading went up mysteriously over the past couple of days), I may still have a frozen pizza for dinner. I'm not doing any kindof serious diet, just a general eat less, exercise more plan, so I don't have to worry about blowing it. I just haven't been doing the exercise part the past few days.

Other random thoughts: Sometimes people ask me if I have a Siamese cat. I guess because more Siamese cats are cross-eyed. I do have one cat, but she is a Tortiseshell and is not cross-eyed. The Cross in Cross Eyed Kat is meant to invoke Cross Stitching, since that is what I design.

The Astros did manage to beat the Braves (thus ending the family show-down, since my brother is a long-standing Braves fan), but how do you get through an 18 inning game? I've been to a game that went to 13 innnings, and they start shutting down all of the concessions in the 8th inning. It gets to the point where you want someone to win, anyone! We watched it at home. I have managed to make my playoff experience multi-media. I've caught games on the web, on the radio, and on TV. And we did see the next-to-last regular season game in person. Of course, seeing a game in person is great, but I can stitch at home!

In stitching news:
I'm finally making progress on the last ribbon! Yay! When I get it all stitched, I'll have to add the picture to the web site. I'm not sure everyone understands that the "Ribbons" chart has the flexibility to be stitched in eight different colors.
The Online Needlework Show starts tomorrow. Check it out at http://www.theneedleworkshow.com Stitchers can browse and then ask shops to order items that interest them (and of course, you'll be sure to check out the Cross Eyed Kat booth, right?).
I'm 40% done with the design of the second "Fortune Cookie" design. I really worked hard to get the lattice work background to look right, then when I put the "plate" portion in front of it, most of the background is hidden. Oh, well, at least I know it is right!

Well, off to the gym with me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Thanks for the headsup on the Needlework show - I didn't know it was coming up so soon. I'll definitely check out your designs. I've put a bug in the ear of a couple of other LNS' in Ontario to carry your designs.

Never thought about siamese cats being cross eyed. LOL My cats aren't siamese, but they sure can be cross-eyed when they get grumpy :)

Lattice work... fortune cookie. Your blog is like reading a good mystery book ! LOL

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home