14 September 2005

Is it just me?

Or do places where my family lives have hurricane targets painted on them? First Katrina ravages South Louisiana. Now Ophelia is dumping on North Carolina. Emily made a near-miss on the in-laws earlier this year. If you're reading this and you live in Tennesse, Germany, or the Houston area, I'd get ready for a hurricane.

Katrina has been a lot on my mind the past two weeks. It has, at times, been very hard to watch the news. Growing up in Baton Rouge, New Orleans was kind of like the crazy neighbor that was fun to visit at times. The food was good, the music was good, and if you knew when to go, the weather might be good too. I've been trying to read about the other designers and shop owners in the area to see how they fared. I've heard some word - some ok, some probably not as ok. Here in Houston, we've had lots of Katrina drives to support the people who've had to relocate to Texas. The phone lines into Louisiana are still up and down, so that is hard; it reminds us that it wasn't so long ago that the communication lines we take for granted now weren't available.

For now we move on. Our own personal "evacuee" returned from Germany over the weekend and then went back to Baton Rouge. I'm almost done with my Katrina design, which will be sized to fit into the requirements of the Hurricane Katrina Quilt project, details of which can be seen here: http://p105.ezboard.com/bhurricanekatrinaquiltproject

Stitching updates: I'm working diligently on the welcome design - it should go out this weekend. That leaves two more in design phase. I've also finally come up with a good idea (I hope) for a baby sampler for my nephew - so expect to see that design coming out this spring (as long as the concept pans out). The Fantasy Faire model came back and looks fantastic! (Thanks Charlie) It is also begging for a companion piece - I have a rough sketch done for this.

Busy, busy, busy, that's what is going on here- but somehow the laundry just doesn't get done!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are quite welcome Kat! It was fun stitching the piece. (You could have knocked me over with a feather when i saw my name in your blog!)

Charlie

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home