19 September 2005

Don't say I didn't warn you

Rita watch day 1: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/153924.shtml?5day?large

Have we learned lessons from Katrina? I for one, will be stocking up on supplies, and on gas (which of course, will be going up again this week), and gathering up important documents. Now Houston isn't a bowl like New Orleans, but having lived in the city during the Allison floods, it can get pretty wet.

In weekend news, I finally got the dragon design finalized, although it tried to throw a few bugs at me as I was pulling threads for it Friday night. Saturday, I picked up the last threads I needed for the model, dropped off all the other models at the LNS along with the hanging curtain I'd made (since all the models just have velcro to keep them up and they'd been bracing them up with nails for each model). Then I went to the Post Office to mail the model off, and got stuck behind someone who's never used the Automate Postal Machine before. Now admittedly, I probably aggravate people because I have to get postage for the return envelope as well as the parcel that I'm sending, but at least I'm quick about it. This person read every screen, debated every question preseneted, actually checked the bin when the system asked if his package would fit (and he was just mailing an express mail envelope), then bailed at the end when it came time to pay! Argh! 10 minutes of my day wasted! I finished my mailing, then hurried off as I still had to stop by Walmart, grab a sandwich and do some last minute cleaning before a photography client came over! Anyway, photography finally over, the evening was spent quietly watching football, stitching, and playing Halo. I finally got to watch half of Survivor.

Sunday was much the same, with some things getting done, including a little bit of laundry, a little bit of cleanging, a little trip to the gym, and a bit of stitching. The Katrina Kitty is about 60-70% done.

I did pick up my copy of the Just Cross Stitch ornament magazine while I was at the LNS. I look at it with a completely different eye than I did just a few years ago. I look at which designers are in it, and what the designs are like.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Just found your blog !

I find it hard to believe that Hoffman doesn't like your designs. Idjits I tell you. Yours are truly refreshing and unique.

Oh, and I may be waaay up here in Ontario, but even I'm stocking up on gas. Definitely learned that lesson with Katrina. I'm also praying Rita calms down before she comes ashore.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home