22 December 2005

The Stockings Were Hung....

Officially done! No more presents to buy, no more to wrap! No more cards to send! Christmas can come anytime it wants! (DB's gifts will be late, but that's what happens when you live in a far away land).

Here's the ornament from 2000 that I finished off:

It was my first time doing the "stretch over batting over matte board" type ornament instead of a softer, pillow type ornament. I think it turned out well.

We had a fairly busy week here as DMIL came for a visit. We went up to College Station one day to visit DBIL and his fiance, then they left to go to Detroit. (Silly people, don't they know it is cold up there?). Another day, my work had a holiday breakfast that I brought DMIL to, then she and I spent the whole afternoon shopping! Luckily, the mall wasn't too crowded, but my feet were killing me by the end of the day. We had to rush home so that I could finally wrap DH's presents before he got home.

Now that the Christmas preparations are done, I can finally settle back into stitching. Yay! I need to get my drawing book out though. What to work on next? I'm not sure. Starting January, I'll have to buckle down into production mode for the new releases.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

What a gorgeous finish :) Congrats ! Sounds like you've had a festive week. I hope you enjoy Christmas Day and the rest of the holidays with your family. Get rested ! Can't wait to see what you have in store for 2006:)

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home