21 August 2006

Houston, we have a problem

Has this ever happened to you? When two things that are supposed to meet up don't?


Actually, the mistake was realized when the curvey section above didn't hit the box below after the correct number of stitches. These pictures were taken after corrective action was begun. Yes, that "bad" indicator is a gap of 10 stitches. Why are 10 stitches missing? Upon deeper investigation, I found that when doing the long vertical straight stitching on the left side of this design, I some how came up with a stitch count of 165 when there should only be 155 stitches.

Of course, had I just looked at my chart, I would've seen that the numbers on every 10 grid lines only went up to 160, so there was no way the whole thing could be 165. Anyway, a very silly mistake on my part. And since the whole border is stitched, there is nothing to do but frog the whole bottom bit (including a large motif in the bottom right-hand corner) and restitch it - 10 rows higher.

Please pass the knitting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I am glad I am not the only one to do that. Sorry that you are though! Isn't that aggrevating? I will be back to visit again. nice blog!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh no! Where's the blender for those darn frogs when you need it??

10:57 AM  
Blogger jymisgurl said...

Hugs! We've all been there!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home