24 October 2006

Cross Eyed Kat hits a Milestone!

Last night, I was working very dilligently putting patterns together for the online show orders when something crazy happened - I ran out the big bags that I put the charts in. Luckily, this didn't happen until I was done making all the charts that I needed to make, but this is a very important milestone. Running out of big bags means that there over 2000 Cross Eyed Kat charts have been produced! Now, there are some sitting in my storage tubs in the craft room, but I'd estimate that there are less than 150 in the tubs, so a large portion of that 2000 are in circulation. And that's not even counting the half-size designs and the single page designs like the Fantasy Faire charts! I'm not sure I ever thought about how many charts would go out there in two and a half years. I'm very happy to hit this milestone. Now if we could just make a profit... :)

Putting charts together took way longer than I thought it would last night - of course, I did watch Heroes as well. It probably took longer because it was several different charts (the three new releases, and the covers had to be tweaked because it was a first printing), instead of just one print run. Tonight I'm off to the post office, which will feel good. I also hope to get some charting done tonight! On the other hand, I'm also trying to finish Blue Thing #2 aka the blue sweater. It only has 6 rows left (long rows), some grafting and sewing up the sleeves. I try to only stitch on it at lunch.

The LNS is open late tonight and it is across the street from the post office. What are the odds that I'll have to stop in? I'm thinking pretty good.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is so wonderful! I have looked at your patterns. I hope to be buying some soon. Lovely designs!

6:32 PM  
Blogger jymisgurl said...

Congratulations! I know I've got quite a few!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Woohoo !!! Gooooo Kat ! That's a fabulous milestone ! :) I'd imagine it must have felt very rewarding :D

9:50 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Oh Kat... where'd you go ? Did you stop by the LNS that day ? Inquiring minds want to know :)

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home