27 September 2006

The Cat Ate My Knitting!

The cat, once pictured here, who never ever messes with my cross stitch flosses has decided that knitting yarn is very interesting. Admittedly, before I started knitting, large pieces of yarn and/or string were viable toys for her. So, I'm knitting on my little baby booties a few rows every night, then I put it and the dpns back in the yarn and put the yarn in the big basket of yarn on the floor. Now a few mornings ago, I did find a ball of yarn had apparently escaped from the basket. This should have been my first clue that the cat was having fun messing with the yarn in the yarn basket. Two nights ago, I go to pick up the bootie and, upon taking it out of the yarn skein, I discover that the working yarn is no longer attached to the skein of yarn! The cat has bitten right through the yarn while playing with it! Since I was at the end of a row, I fearlessly rejoin new yarn (far away from any residual cat spit) and knit a few more rows. Then I make the big mistake: I put the bootie and yarn away in the same spot. What did I discover this morning? The partially knit bootie, on the needle, no longer in the yarn and no longer attached to the skein of yarn - again! That's right, the cat ate the knitting twice. At this point, I may start over as I really hate joining yarn anyway.

The real reason the cat has been able to do all of this is because I haven't finished said bootie because I've been diligently working on my cross stitch. Blue thing #1 is completely finished! Yay! Now it just needs to be stretched and matted. Blue thing #3 is progressing - just the quote, baby stats and beading left. of course, I need to rechart the baby weight and date from European/Metric stats to American/English stats. I also bought fabric and other goodies for finishing the other models. Hopefully, I'll find time to do the finishing on them this weekend. Then I really need to be a good designer and wrap up some designing! Oh, and I'll try to post some final questions for the trivia contest next week.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Well I would say the cat THOUGHT you were done and was only trying to help! What? Don't beleive it? LOL! Don't mean to laugh.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home