12 September 2006

What happened?

I came to the blog and actually hit refresh because I really thought I had posted more recently. Apparently I am posting in my head again. Whoops. Anyway, I had a somewhat busy weekend. The blue things multiplied and we now have:
Blue Things 3, 4 and 5. Blue Thing 3 is a variation of Blue Thing 1 done in all DMC, but on a dyed Jobelan fabric from Wichelt. Blue Things 4 and 5 make a pair of bootees (funky Brits can't spell booties right) and are from Zoe Mellor's 50 Baby Bootees book. They are for a co-worker whose wife is expecting a baby boy soon. They are also my first knit object to be completed. (And there was much rejoicing). I bought this book because (1) the booties (or bootees, whatever you want to call them) were terribly cute and (2) it seems like coworkers at both my office and DH's office and other friends are suddenly expecting new family members in the next 9 months (or less). Knitting bootees seemed like a good idea. We'll see how it goes. Maybe the first pair will just breed.

Other stitching happiness: model supplies got sent out! Yay! This means that I should have something other than Blue Things 1 and 3 for the October Needlework Show (now looming dreadfully close). I'm also working furiously on several ideas for Nashville. Must cram more hours in a day somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home