23 August 2006

Feeling Froggy

Yes, I am being diligent and making some progress on my 10-stitch mistake. All of this has opened up some really important questions, though. For example: why does it take longer to remove stitches than it does to make stitches? Why does thread have a tendency to break when being taken out of fabric more than when being put into fabric? Why is there so much blue? (Oh, Baby Sampler for a boy - go figure). Some readers may be wondering why I'm carefully removing the thread instead of just ripping it out willy nilly and going forward with the restitching. Careful inspection of the picture may reveal that I did, in fact, use a variegated thread for this fiasco and don't want to buy too many skeins. Although I'm rethinking the plan already.

So after carefully unstitching and then restitching a whole length of thread, I rewarded myself with some other needlework:


Yes, I realize it is blue. I'm trying to work on some other charts for variety.

In other random news, I'm starting to train to do a 5K run this January. It is held at the same time as the city marathon, so if I start talking about doing the 5K at the marathon, I'm not confused about how long a marathon is, I'm wisely choosing to do a shorter course (at least this year). I've never been a big runner, so this is a pretty big step for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

As ye sew, so shall ye rip! I bet you will soon have that fixed and looking good. We have all done it!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home