13 September 2006

What's right with this picture?

That's right - so far, we are avoiding the frogs that so plagued Blue Thing number 1. I didn't officially count the side to make sure it was 155 stitches; it was stitched in three sections and I counted each of those. However, the squiggly line between the top box and the bottom box landed in the right spot. Also, the rest of the border connected in all of the right places - deep breaths there.

I was sorely tempted last night to make some things that were like blue things 4 and 5, but that weren't blue. I think I'm suffering from a blue overload. Today I wrapped up the design work for "Triangularity", which will be a companion for "Maze" and "Labyrinth". I didn't really intend to make this design, but what started out as an off-hand comment somehow stuck in my brain that just one day attacked and came out as a design. That will be the end of that series, though. No more. I'm hoping to start soon on the last of the "Old World Samplers" - or maybe they're more like funny alphabet samplers. I've also got some other original ideas to try out. All the designs cry for their time, but it is hard to get to them all. We'll just have to wait to see what happens.

I had to upgrade my iTunes yesterday and I poked around a bit in the music store, so I've got my brain churning on some podcasting ideas (did I get a magic time machine somewhere?). Since I've started knitting, I've been wondering - what has knitting got that stitching doesn't? Why do they podcast and have so many books and stuff and we don't? Let's get cross-stitch into the cool zone! I'm hip and I stitch too! (Ok, well, maybe I'm not that hip, but I'm Gen X) There's also some other Cross Stitch as Art ideas flickering in my head - I wish those would come out as well.

c:>copy brain:\cross-stitch\ideas\*.* c:\

Anyone?

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Wow!!!! Your project is looking good1 keep it up! Michelle

5:52 PM  
Blogger Abi said...

You need a model stitcher for Triangularity? *hint hint* LOL.

Congratulations on staying frog free with this project!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home