19 September 2006

Arg! Stitch Like a Pirate!

Yar(n)! It is International Talk Like a Pirate Day! And to celebrate, I've made a little complimentarrrrry design for stitching (not pirating - arg!). Here's the picture:


You can get a pdf of the design on my website. Enjoy, and if ye be stitchin' it up, send in a picture and I'll post it!

In non-pirate-y news, I took a quick trip over the weekend to Baton Rouge to visit my folks. It was fun, but short. Mom and I went shopping and a trip to Hobby Lobby just for some thread managed to find some silk flowers (on sale) and some more yarn (also on sale) and some new knitting needles (because I needed them) and of course the thread. However, I spent more at Office Depot buying ink! We twiddled around some antique stores and ate shrimp (yum)! At my Dad's house, there was football to watch, although the local teams lost, and jambalya to eat. I also got to pick up some of my Grandmother's paintings to bring home with me. Looking at these paintings it is as if I can reach through time and reach out to her through the brushstrokes. This is the legacy of any art or handwork that is passed down through the ages. On the way back from Baton Rouge, I got to talk to my brother a bit and hear my nephew jabber in the background - he is turning into such a talker! All in all, a good, although short trip.

In stitching news, some models returned home, yay! Now to get to work on finishing them off into their final forms. I'm trying to be good and working on Blue thing number 3; it is coming along. Some more baby booties have come into existance, I'm not sure how. I was also trying to print off a batch of designs to send off when my printer ran out of black ink. When I replaced it, it tried to tell me it was out of cyan and magenta as well. Luckily I was able to coax the seven pages I needed printed out of it without it stopping completely again. I'll have to gear up on ink and new bags before the Needlework show.

Speaking of new bags, any opinions - ziplock top vs. foldover (resealable) adhesive bottom?

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh boy!!! Hobby Lobby is always fun to roam in! On the bags, I would go with ziplock. Just what I prefer!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home