14 November 2006

Fall, are you sure?

I think the problem I'm having with time passing has to do with the weather. We're still having 70-80+ degree days here and although the crepe myrtle has decided to loose all of its leaves, not many of the other trees have decided that it is fall. It just doesn't feel like it should be the middle of November. Of course, I write this today, and we'll have a severe cold front arrive tomorrow. Anyway, without a weather change, since I'm not in school, and work is pretty much the same regardless of season.
The upshot of all this is while I keep telling myself that Thanksgiving is next week, it just doesn't feel like it. So, while I know I am way way way behind for Nashville, it just doesn't feel like it. I'm trying very hard to be diligent and get some work done, but other stuff has been interfering. I do have one new design half-charted. I think it is lovely (just my humble opinion) and it was inspired by my recent trip to Colorado.

Speaking of Colorado, here are some pictures, finally:

The new Art Museum in Denver:


Which leads to some interesting interior rooms:

We love Leadville, too! A very nice little town to visit at 10,200 feet! And it has a terrific view of Mt. Massive (which I didn't take a picture of).

See the tallest two peaks in the picture below? Those are Gray's and Torrey's Peaks. I walked to the top of Gray's Peak in July. Three months later, one of my toenails fell off. Walking up a mountain is not to be taken lightly. Have good shoes.

This is Pike's Peak (in the background) and the Garden of the Gods (and me!)

Ok, back to designing so that I will hopefully have something to stitch over Thanksgiving!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh I just love the pictures1 thanks for sharing them! that building would make it hard for me to wealk straight!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Fabulous pictures. What a sight it must have been to see :) You look great by the way !

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home