06 November 2006

Miss me?

I didn't fall off the earth after hitting 2000 charts - but I did leave town. When I left the blog last week, I was off to the post office and the LNS. How could I not go to the LNS when it is open late and right across the street from the post office? Also, I had new patterns to show the owner, so the latest releases are now available at 3 Stitches in Spring, TX, as well as from many fine retailers who bought during the online show. Which reminds me - I need to update the website hopefully this week. Anyway, I only bought a few things, including some floss for a pink thing that should come out this winter.


Sometime during that week, I did manage to finish the blue sweater as seen here:

One thing to note: this sweater is supposed to be one size fits all. Notice that it hits right at my waist, luckily where I like it. This is where Kat learns that gauge is important in knitting and is lucky that she is short enought for the sweater to fit!

On Thursday, October 26, we learned that Maw-Maw, my step-mother's mother, passed away. She was a sweet lady who loved all those around her. This precipitated an unexpected trip to Baton Rouge for the funeral and a rearrangement of our already planned vacation plans. After much haggling with the airline, we got our travel plans rearranged and Sunday were on the road to Baton Rouge. The cat went with us to have an extended stay with her Kitty-Granny (my Mom) rather than spend a week in boarding school (the vet). We'll pick her back up during the holidays. After a whirlwind two days in BR, we were back in Houston, and Tuesday on a plan to Denver, CO!

Denver was another world! Snow still on the ground, chill in the air (what air - not enough oxygen to call it air), and so dry everything crackled. This trip was a vacation/family visit so we were doing free-form sight-seeing and didn't have too much planned out ahead of time. We spent one day trolling around downtown Denver - the new art museum is very cool, although I don't know if I'd like to walk into the corner in the bathroom. All the walls are funky angles, so some of the rooms are strangely shaped. We spent two days visiting mountain towns. Although it doesn't sound nice, Leadville is a great place to visit, and at 10,200 feet, has some great views! We also spent some time in Colorado Springs and briefly saw the Garden of the Gods. Hopefully, I'll have pictures tomorrow. Unfortunately, I didn't have an active cross stitch project to take touring. I'll have to remedy that for future trips. We caught the early flight back yesterday and it was very nice to spend a day doing almost nothing but watching TV, drawing (new designs!), and stitching. I hope to do more of that this week - and maybe the laundry. Oh, and wait for my skin to fill out again as I absorb more moisture from the air. Yay humidity!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

lol Glad you're back ! And hopefully you've "moistured" back up. Dry air does suck in the winter time.

Sorry to hear about Maw-Maw (what a great title for her), and the unexpected trip to Baton Rouge. I'm sure the airlines made that easy on you (not!).

New designs ? :D Goooo Kat ! The sweater looks great. I'll keep gauge in mind if I ever get brave enough to tackle a sweater....

8:02 AM  
Blogger jymisgurl said...

I'm so sorry about your Maw Maw! Hugs!
The sweater looks great and the trip sounds fantastic!
And i always love to hear there's new designs in the works!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Yes I missed you! Sorry about losing your maw maw. That must have been hard. The sweater is pretty and your trip sounds wonderful!

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home