27 November 2006

I am thankful to be loved

As you may have guessed, last week's hiatus was due to the Thanksgiving holiday. DH and I took a little jaunt to Baton Rouge where we celebrated with my folks, and communed long-distance with my brother, who cooks a celebratory turkey in Germany. Although the weather was nice on Black Friday, we only did minimal shopping, preferring instead to revel in the victory of the Aggies (Whoop!) and stay far from the madding crowds.

Mocha the cat had spent a month in Baton Rouge so that she didn't have to go to boarding school when we went to Denver earlier in November. She seemed very excited to see us, jumping up on the screen door to watch us as we unloaded the car after arriving. What was funnier was her behavior when we were packing up to leave. After four days, she had gotten used to us coming and going again. This time, however, there were suitcases involved, so she was on alert! When I got her carrier out, she went right in. We weren't quite ready for her to go in the car, though, so we opened the top of the carrier (it has a secondary opening). She would poke her head out to watch us, but she wouldn't get out of the carrier - she was going to go with us this time!

The trip back home was uneventful; Mocha didn't meow too much. However, she didn't want me to go to work this morning - she meowed and cried and rubbed on my legs. I told her I wouldn't be gone long, though.

Good news on the stitching front: The orange hat is done (oh, wait that's the knitting front). Well, the baby is due soon. On the stitching front, I do have another new design done and ready to be stitched. It is not very big and there's Math invovled. I like it. I have also started on the last of the "Ancient World Samplers". I've charted out the center design - now I have to work on getting the colors right. Sometimes this is the most complicated part, especially for something that exists in the real world. The Colesseum was 3/4 stitched when I ripped it out and redid the colors on it. I'll probably end up stitching this sampler as I still have to design the border, the alphabet and the quote. Oh, and the fabric for the girl baby sampler arrived, and it is so pretty and pink - I love it! So there is a lot going on on the stitching front!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Math involved ? Hmmmm., you've peaked my interests !

Glad to hear you had a good trip, and that Mocha is back home where she belongs :)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Happy the trip was a good one! Bet Mocha is happy to be home!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home