01 December 2006

Brrrrr



Look it is cold enough for me to wear my glove/mittens and hat! No, I didn't knit them (I only learned to knit in June, after all) - I got them at REI in Denver. I was glad to have them for the drive home last night. Luckily we don't have any ice or snow to contend with, so I hope those who do are staying safe and staying warm! I remember the two winters I spent in Minnesota and having to scrape ice and shovel snow just to go to work - not fun. If we got any of that down here, the city would just shut down. Of course, that would mean more stitching time, but I don't really want the power to go out.

I have been working on stitching the new design and I think tonight or tomorrow I'm going to pull the threads for the final "Old World Sampler" Any guesses as to the location/culture that will be pictured? I have at least one idea for another Snowfight ornament. I might see if I can make it two, then eventually have a rainbow of dragons in a snowfight. No promises, though!

Countdown time: 30 days until my birthday. The terrible thing is, I have no idea what I want for Christmas or my birthday this year. I'd really like some time, but I don't think that's available at the store. It is bad, I have so many ideas in my head, but not enough time to get them out as fast as I would like. Guess I will just have to go slow!

3 Comments:

Blogger monique said...

Oooh I love, love your mitten/gloves! I need some of those.

10:04 AM  
Blogger jymisgurl said...

More Snowfights! Yay! I'll guess the new Old World Sampler! Is it China?

11:19 AM  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Love the mittens!!! Adorable. HMMMMN, I will guess on the Old World Sampler. I will say Germany.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home