08 March 2007

Mocha's big day

This week, Mocha the cat had to make her annual trip to the vet for a check up. She is not a big fan of this, so I kitty "relaxation pill" to give her to try and make the trip go more smoothly. Two years ago I got rather furry trying to just give her the pill - she was only slightly drowsy for the trip and was still cranky at the vet. Last year I was smart and crushed it up in some tuna water, which worked pretty well. I tried the same trick this year, but she smelled something wrong with the tuna water (and probably remembered from last year). She only took about two sips of the tuna water and wouldn't drink anymore! So then I tried the pill in the tuna bit. She licked the pill a bit; then I tried pushing it in her mouth - this resulted in an unhappy cat with about half a pill in her mouth. However, about 20 minutes later, she started to get groggy and I was able to get most of the rest of the pill in her (with some more tuna). By the time we went to the vet, she was quite groggy, although not asleep. Did you know that cats have a third eyelid? It is very weird to see a cat looking around with that third eyelid covering about half their eyes, but the eyes otherwise open. Anyway, she still hissed and spat and growled at the vet, but she got her shots and her heart listened to, and we don't have to do that again for another year. Although I'm not really sure how we're going to do it next year.

I had my second stitch-in for the month last night. This month was one of the few where they were not back to back. Again, I didn't have anything ready to work on. I have one new design 70% graphed, it is just lacking the border, but I couldn't start on the center portion because I'm waiting for fabric to show up (knowing my luck, that will show up today). I was hoping some threads would show up so I could play with some needlepoint canvas stuff, but that was delayed. Ce la vi. Everything else is in the sketch to half-graphed stage.

Ok, I asked this on The Wagon, but I'll ask here for more opinions: Would you wear stitched jewellery?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kat! How about a barette?

Fran

12:49 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

LOL Poor Mocha. I am familiar with the third eyelid - my cat TC actually sleeps with his eyes open... just the extra eyelid covering it. Very freakish !

I put an extensive answer on the Wagon - but I have been thinking more about it too. It is an intriguing idea. :)

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home