11 January 2006

What happened to the New Year?

I guess the New Year isn't so new any more. It is hard to believe that it is already the 11th! We had a crazy holidays - first we traveled to Baton Rouge (even Mocha the cat came along!). Then I went up to Memphis to visit with my Grandmother. Which meant that I saw both my Mom and Grandmother on my birthday for the first time in years!

We didn't have time for a cake in Baton Rouge, so here I am blowing the candle out on the birthday biscuit!


We celebrated the next day in Memphis - can you pick out the birthday girl?

After Memphis, it was back to Houston and back to work. The first week in January I had two stitch-ins at the nearby LNS's, and I was so confused about what day of the week it was, I almost went to the wrong LNS on the wrong night! Then the models started to roll in which means production work - washing, ironing, and stretching. Every future square design is going to earn me fifty lashes with wet floss. I have spent more time with my T-square than I care to think about. Anyway, I hope to be cutting matte board soon so that I can send out some teaser mail to LNS owners. If I ever get my act together.

Then there's still the tree to take down and a million other things to get done. Januaries will never be a normal month for me now that I'm a cross stitch designer trying to make it in Nashville.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Belated Happy Birthday to you ! :) I love the pic of you !

Can't wait to see the models !!!! Square designs, eh.... hmmm... :D

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home