25 April 2006

Printing, Packing, Mailing

Well, the Needlework Show is over for another 6 months or so. And somehow I survived it, even with being gone for the weekend. (See previous post about bicycling event from Houston to Austin). Now I've been printing, packing and getting everything ready to mail like a mad woman. Actually, I had almost everything on hand from Nashville leftovers. The new designs needed theire layouts finished, and several of the Nashville releases needed reprinting. I'm very happy with how it went, considering how overwhelmed I was the 2 weeks before the event and I didn't get the publicity out that I wanted to. I will do better next time!

Now to focus on some new stuff for June - oh yes, that is only a month away. What can I get done in a month? Anybody out there want to lend me some fast fingers? I really wish the TNNA show was a little bit later in the summer. The first half of the year is just a little front-loaded with tradeshows - Nashville in February, Online show in April, and TNNA in June. Guess that means I should spend the rest of the year gearing up for next spring! :)

Ok, my dolphins need a little bit of love. They didn't get nearly the orders that the Dragons got during the online show. Maybe the picture doesn't do them justice? Maybe people don't want to stray from pure cross-stitch? Maybe people don't want to use all silks? Maybe the central dolphins are too simplistic? I don't know, but I do know that I will enjoy looking at this one! That's not to say that the dragons aren't pretty too (and my model stitcher did an awesome job on them). I guess I just had a lot of fun experimenting with the textures of the silk threads and the different stitches and I really love the way they came out. Oh, well. Nobody gives any love to "Summer Wind" and "Signs of Spring" either. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Abi said...

I. LOVE. the. dolphins. :)

I will definitely buy a chart and unlike most charts I purchase, I will even stitch it! How about that? :)

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home