13 April 2006

Spoke too soon...

Apparently I spoke too sooon, or didn't knock on wood or something, when I posted about not being sick previously. Shortly after that a nasty bug decided to hit me in the stomach. Said stomach decided to kick nasty bug out. A fight ensued and I was the miserable host. After a morning of being miserably sick, but deciding that it wasn't food poisoning, and that I was approaching a state of dehydration and needing to know if I was carrying a contagious something in light of my impending trip to Memphis, I took myself off to the doctor's office. They were kind enough to see me that afternoon and pronounced that I had a stomach infection, which they had seen many people with lately; prescribed antibiotics and said that I would be fit to travel and non-contagious by the weekend (this all happening on a Tuesday). I spent the next two days recovering - first from lack of food, then from all the bug-fighting that my body did. However, by Friday, I was definitely feeling better, which was good, since that was the day I was travelling to Memphis.

Technically, I was only travelling to Southaven, Mississippi, but my Grandmother lived for so many years in Memphis, that I still refer to visiting her as, "Going to Memphis." This was kindof an impromptly-planned trip for her 95th birthday, so to save on airfare, I had booked a flight to Jackson, MS, where my Dad would pick me up on his way to Southaven. Normally, this would be a very good plan - except when there was a mechanical issue with the plane that made our departure 3 hours delayed! Luckily, there was a golf course close to the airport for Dad to have some fun. I was stuck at the airport - although I did find a power outlet to juice up my iPod. Finally make it to Jackson (luckily the luggage makes it as well) and we head up the road to Southaven. I drive through some really major storms - no tornados, though.

The weekend was rough. Granny is much weaker than she was at New Year's when I was last there (except for a brief visit coming through for the Nashville Market). 95 years is catching up to her at last. It is hard to see, partly because I identify with her so much. I my height from her side of the family (I'm smaller than both my parents), she did a lot of art work in her later years, and she's very considerate and giving, but she also has a stibborn streak in her. My Dad got sick while we were there, so my Aunt and I ended up taking care of her through most of the weekend and I can see a little bit of what full time caregivers have to do. Monday it was back to the Jackson Airport with me and by then I was exhausted!

Stitching news: The online show is coming up soon and I think I'm going to go crazy! Dragons Welcome still has to have its finishing work done (although I bought the prettiest fabric for it two weeks ago). That will probably happen tomorrow night. Dolphins of Delos has turned into the never-ending project. Just one more border element to do, then it needs to be stretched and matted. One other release will be ready (I hope): The iFob available in three colors! Green and Pink need to be made into fobs, but Blue is done.

I'm also frantically working to get new things ready for TNNA in June. This is the "Big Show" or what needs to be the industry's big show. Unforturnately, the first have of this year has not been personally condusive to getting designs done. Well, I can hope that there will be shops that attend who haven't been to the smaller cash and carry markets and so most of my stuff will be new to them.

On a positive note, I got my taxes done two days earlier this year than last year. And since the deadline is two days later, that should count as four days earlier!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home