14 February 2006

I think I'm awake

We did manage to make it home last night, or should I say very early this morning. Mocha (the cat) was extremely happy to see us (or at least me) and insisted on some petting and loving before I could go to bed. The trip took a little extra time because we had to stop in Memphis and visit my Grandmother who is in the hospital. She is getting better, though, so that is good news. The last part of the drive from Texarkana to Houston is the hardest, because it goes through all the small towns and there is alot of slowing down and speeding up to do.

Market overall went very well. We beat the snow in Friday and were one of the lucky ones who's room was ready. We started to set up the room and had it mostly done before I had to run off to the "Meet and Greet" event Friday night. There I handed out all of the catalogues that I brought and had a sneak preview of the Fantasy Faire for those shop owners who were interested in that. Saturday was an early start for breakfast before Market, then the final preparations before opening the doors. The first hour was very quiet, but everyone must've started on a different floor because we were busy before lunch! I had fortune cookies to give out (and still have some left over) to go with the new "Fortune Cookie" designs. By the end of the day Saturday, my feet were really protesting! It was snowing again outside, so we decided to just stay in for dinner. Sunday was quiet, as is usual for market, but we tried to keep resonably busy. I ran a few errands that day as well - doing some networking. I think the new designs went over very well - I know I sold out of one of the Fortune Cookies, and came close on the other one. I didn't have very many of Egypt left and I definitely didn't do a large enough initial print run of the snowfighting dragons, so a bunch will have to be shipped this week.

Tonight I'm ready for a good night sleep!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Welcome back ! Sounds like a success :) I must go in search of pictures !

I do hope your grandmother is on the mend.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Sounds like everything went great! You were in Memphis, and I didn't even know it! I'm sure you wouldn't have had time for a GTG anyway. Glad you're back safe!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home