30 January 2006

Looking for the nuclear wessels...

Ok, so my nose is almost back to normal. It is still decongesting enough to remind me that it is there. Pattern files are all ready to print (except I have to put the 2006 Fantasy Faire logo on the Fantasy Faire design - otherwise they'll print up with the 2005 logo, which would be bad). This week will be full of printing mania - no Superbowl madness around here!

I am so excited about this year's Fantasy Faire design - I think it is so neat and it flowed so much easier than last year's. It is actually rather difficult to make a design with a size limitation and with color requirements (has to use the Dinky Dyes color, and at least one of a certain range of Kreinik colors). We also had an extra thematic element this year of doing Christmas ornaments, so that presented an additional challenge. The idea for this design actually came to me on the ride home from Nashville, so he's been waiting a long time to get to the public spot light. The companion design took a while longer, but once I knew I was doing a snowfight, I knew I couldn't do just one. Then, my husband did a long stint of playing Halo while I stitched, so I knew the snowfight must be two dragons, Red vs. Blue. (There's a funny little series with this name based on the Halo 2 game.)

I finally got the newsletter updated on the website with descriptions of the upcoming design releases, so check there for what's coming out at Nashville.

In other news, I met the owner of Needle in a Haystack after many months of being on the same business internet groups together.

I was gone on a short trip for a couple of days, and although DH was home, it was so cute to see how the cat obviously missed me! When I got home, and she heard my voice, she started meowing in that special, "Where have you been?" meow. Later, when I went to clean her litter box, she went running to her bathroom so that she could get a combing in from her mommy. We all curled up on the couch toghether and watched the Simpsons for the evening and there was much purring!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Nothing better than knowing your cat actually does miss you :) I'm off to see the descriptions in the newsletter ! (ooo, tell me it's posted already LOL)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

How did I not know you had a blog?! You have been ultra-busy lately! Glad you got some cuddle time with kitty ;)

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home