05 May 2006

The mind is working faster than the hands can keep up

I have so many ideas that I wish I could sit down and draw out right now. I really wish the TNNA show was in late July or even September to give me more time to get some done. Hopefully I'll get one or two done, then have more releases coming out this fall. Once the creative juices get going, they just keep on going, which is a good thing. I have a model stitcher who seems to be working her fingers off, so it looks like there is a high probability that one new design at least will be ready for the show. I'm working on stitching another small one, which is about 25-30% done, so that's a good sign. I'd like to finish charting out a third that has been in stages in my head for quite a while. If only there were more hours in the day!

The good news is that I did get my flight booked yesterday. The airfare even dropped from Tuesday when I last looked at it. Don't know if that was just good timing, or the fall in barrel oil prices, but either way, I'm happier than I was on Tuesday.

In off the wall news - I won a poker tournament at lunch! The place where we usually go for lunch on Fridays has free video Texas Hold'em games and in May they are doing tournament games at noon. So the group I went with joined in, since it is all free, and I ended up winning! When it got down to me and one other person, it was pretty tough. We'd trade hands back and forth, then I'd win a big one, then he'd win a big one. Then I'd bluff my way back in and so forth. Finally, he went all in and I ended up with two pair and the winning hand! I won 6 hot wings and got entered into a drawing for a trip to Vegas. I doubt I'll win the big prize, but I was pretty happy to win the little tournament.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home