24 January 2007

Busy days



Again, I have been delinquent in posting. Which I know I shouldn't be, because I love reading new blog entries in other people's blogs, so when I neglect my own, I am breaking the circle.




So here is a brief synopsis of the past two weeks. The weekend before last, I spent travelling to Baton Rouge. I had a grand time, celebrating a belated birthday with my folks, and shopping for Saints shirts after their playoff win. The whole weekend, we were anticipating the arrival of the big cold front (the one that brought all of those ice storms), but it didn't come and didn't come. When I left Monday morning it was 74 degrees. However, we were on the verge of the front, because by the time I got to the Mississippi River bridge, it was 64 degrees! Here's what the cold front looked like in Louisiana:




The reason for my trip to Louisiana was a very important one. Mocha the cat had spent the Christmas holidays at her Grandmother's house and it was time for her to come home:


She travels very well and although she enjoyed her stay in Baton Rouge (it was better than being boarded after all), she was happy to be going home.
Beyond the trip to Baton Rouge, the past two weeks have been a blur of stitching, cleaning, stitching, laundry, being slightly sick, stitching, and more stitching. Can you tell the madness of Nashville Market is fast approaching?
Nashville Nashville Nashville. Okay, I can officially go crazy now. New packaging bags arrived yesterday and my ink shipment will arrive today. Two models are pressed and ready to be stretched and mounted. One more is at a model stitcher. Yes, I am still frantically stitching on the Ancient World Sampler - 10 points to the person who guessed that it is Mayan - you are correct! Unfortunately Mayan glyphs are slightly more complicated than the other alphabets in the other samplers, which means they take multiple colors and backstitching. I have all 20 glyphs stitched and only 5 glyphs left to backstitch. Then the border to finish,the center columns, and the quote. And less than two weeks. Plus production of all the other charts to do. This is the life of a designer. But, it is looking really cool. Must stitch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Hello there! Welcome back!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home