10 January 2007

A Series of Misadventures

My first post back from the holidays was supposed to be chock full of pictures - a photologue of all the places that the cross-stitch went in two weeks. Instead there is a series of misadventures and you'll have to use your imaginations.

First, imagine sunny and very windy South Texas. When I say South Texas, I'm talking the Rio Grande Valley here. Christmas was the usual events: MIL put the turkey in the oven, then we all went to midnight mass; next day we got up and packed everything up to take it to Brownsville (about an hour away) - so the cross stitch visited Brownsville. The days after Christmas were a series of shopping events (amid other get togethers): shopping in Mercedes, Harlingen, McAllen and finally Brownsville. Alas, I forgot to take pictures until trying to go to Brownsville, which is when I discovered that the battery on the digital camera was dead. I took some fun pictures of the cross stitch and the Gulf of Mexico with my cell phone on the drive back.

On the 30th, we returned home, and on the 31st we packed for a trip to Denver, which is when I discovered that I had left the digital camera on the back seat of MIL's car. D'oh.
On the 1st we arrived in Denver, tired from staying up too late to celebrate the New Year, but not too tired to not go sledding. We borrowed FIL's camera and took the cross stitch to Aspen. We also had fun hiking in the Garden of the Gods and visiting the Denver Botanical Gardens at night (they had lots of Christmas lights up). Our last night in Denver, I discover that (1) my cell phone is missing and (2) FIL's computer is being difficult about burning the pictures we took to CD.

So, the cross stitch visited lots of interesting places, and I took pictures to show on the blog, but the pictures from the cell phone are permanently lost, and the other pictures will show up someday when the other pictures get burned to CD. On the other hand, I had lots of fun in snow - I even cleared a driveway (half shovel, half snow blower).

Progress was made on the Ancient world sampler, but not as much as I wanted - too many "family events" going on and not enough stitching time. I have replaced my cell phone, so I no longer feel lost.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

LOL Sounds like quite the misdaventures mixed into the adventure :) The cross stitch sure travelled alot !

Happy New year :) and welcome back home !

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home