19 March 2007

It lives

I am alive - I just disappeared into a hole last week.

Over the weekend, I discovered the addiction that is needlepointing on handpainted canvas.
I think the addictive part is that once I had the stitch I wanted to do figured out, there was no pattern to double check, no counting to do. Stitching the cat on this went incredibly fast. It took a couple of tries to figure out what I wanted to do with the background, but now I'm ready to fill it all in.

A second lesson is that a blanket, even one for a baby, takes a while to do. Booties are a pain to sew up, but much faster. I got alot done while watching the last stage of Paris-Nice, though. Bicycling, like most sports events, is good for knitting and needlework because if you miss something important (like a crash or an attack), the station will always replay the event. And yay for Discovery Channel winning Paris-Nice!


I also spent the weekend working on some new drawings and refining colorways for some models. If only I had 6 hands! Then I could knit, needlepoint, and draw all at the same time! Oh, well, I'll just have to manage with two hands.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

LOL a 6 handed Kat. That'd be quite a sight to see. I have yet to try needlepoint on canvas, but I can certainly see the lure..

Love the colours you chose for the blanket, by the way !

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home