09 March 2007

Somethings coming...

This may not look like much to you, but after weeks of flailing around, it is big progress:
A color test! On real fabric! Of course, I don't know what else I would do a color test on, but there it is. Anyway, this was as far as I got before I was hungry enough to stop for a snack. The design isn't completely done, but it is coming along - and is far enough along for some stitching to be done.
Secondly, this arrived on my doorstep yesterday:


Shhh - don't tell anyone that's needlepoint canvas. We're just going to put it in a magic spot and see if anything happens to it.

I'm finally getting my shipments out to my distributors; that is just a cycle of inventory counting, extra printing, ink buying, box buying and packaging. Now I have labels ready and I'll stop by UPS on the way home.

Ok, here's my box buying story. I needed to pop into the Container Store to get a special sized shipping box. Then I was going to go home, get my stitching stuff, stop by Hobby Lobby, stop and get food, and then finally make it to the stitch-in Wednesday night. So, the Container Store stop was first and I wanted it to be fast! I found my boxes, and then went up to the counter to pay. Well, is it just me or have the CS clerks just become overly friendly lately? At Christmas, I was practically accosted by a clerk with "wrapping suggestions" when I was just browsing! Well, the clerk and the lady who was checking out had a gushing conversation about all the things the lady was buying and how wonderful they were. And I'm trapped with my $5 worth of boxes I need to buy. Yes, the service was friendly, but I would've liked to have had another cashier to check me out, or something to speed up the service. As it was, it took me over an hour from my stop before CS to make it to the stitch-in.

It is hard to believe the weekend is almost here again. I'm still working on getting the website completely up to date. There are just a few design pages missing. The shops pages has been updated, so look for a store near you!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Hmm. I wonder about that magical spot with the canvas. Can't wait to see wha tmagic arises.

The colour test is on interesting fabric. The colours, of course, are very alluring. The colour / texture of the fabric is very striking too. Get busy stitching ! Inquiring minds, and all that good stuff :)

We don't have a CS here - sounds like quite the place though !

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home