06 June 2006

Trivia Contest

Ok, I'm gong to run a trivia contest starting now and running until the October Needlework Show. I'll sporadically post questions and readers can post answers in the comments. First person to post the correct answer gets credit for the answer to that question. The person with the most correct answers by October gets a choice of three Cross Eyed Kat cross stitch charts!

Fine print: not responsible for blogger problems, web problems, and the like. In case of disputes, my decision is final. In case of a tie, I'll decide a winner by random draw.

Ready? Ok, go!

Question 1: What mountain am I standing in front of?

Question 2: What ridge am I standing on?

Question 3: The ridge I'm standing on is named for somebody. What were his last (known) words?

Question 4: What day did the mountain I'm standing in front of erupt? (Ok, I guess technically, you'd call it a volcano, not a mountain)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I'm frantically trying to get ready for the big summer tradeshow. This one is a completely different format from the ones I've been to before, so I hope I've got my bases covered. I'll have two brand new designs, in additions to the new releases from April. The new designs are Post Modern Dogs, which the people at one of the LNS's near me have been bugging me to do for at least a year. It is smaller than PoMo Cats - maybe people will see that you don't have to do the whole design.

Here's a preview:
Woof woof! I also finished another new design I'm calling Melodies - it is an iPod holder and the colors match the iFobs. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of that. I just finished making the bead fringe for it Sunday and then finished it so it hangs around my neck. I love how it turned out!

Ok, time to start making lists and figuring out what I'm forgetting....

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

oh ! oh ! oh ! me ! me ! me ! (sounds like a really bad episode of "Welcome Back Kotter", right ? LOL)

That's Mount St. Helen's ! And I'm betting you're standing at Johnston Ridge, which was named for David Johnston, a geologist whose last words were "Vancouver ! Vancouver ! This is it !" moments before the blast of the volcano killed him. That would have been around 8 a.m. on May 18th, 1980 !

How do I know this ? That was the topic of my first big speech that went to regionals back in 1981. Ever since then I've been a Mount St. Helen's nut :D (which sounds sick but you know what i mean.)

Fabulous picture ! Hopefully I'll get there someday myself.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home