12 April 2007

I forgot to take a picture!

I can't believe I forgot to take a picture!

Today I taught my first needlearts-related class and there is no photographic record! Well, it actually wasn't a class, it was more of a presentation. I presented "The Design Process" to The Woodlands chapter of the EGA. I had models, fabric samples, thread sample, drawings, charts and powerpoint. Hopefully I didn't say "ummm" too many times. I had a fabulous time doing the presentation, and I hope the ladies there had fun, too!

It has been a quiet week, blogwise, as I have been preparing for the presentation, getting the taxes done, and trying to wrap up some designs! My mom came to visit Easter weekend, and I dragged her to all the craft shops on Saturday (in the rain and cold) and Sunday after church we went to the Met exhibit at the MFAH, which was fabulous! http://www.mfah.org/main.asp?target=exhibition&par1=1&par2=1&par3=358 Lots of Monet, which I love, also some Degas, and a very powerful Van Gogh. Van Gogh paintings have to be seen in person, where you can feel the energy that it took to create them in the thickness of the brush-strokes. I sometimes contemplate how to capture this in needleart. Monday I finished up a new design and got it mailed off to the model stitcher on Tuesday. Wish her fast fingers so that we can see it in June! I'm also working on a model myself that I picked the colors out at my stitch-in on Thursday.

I still have a bit of design work to do - wrap up a border for one piece that's already being model stitched, and work on my teaching piece (which looks terrific in my head). Oh, and I have to get my booth together for the Needlework show. Still busy busy busy!

But the taxes are done!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

No photo ? *gasp* ! Sounds like you had a good time. Hopefully you'll do that again sometime soon. BTW - That exhibit looks amazing. Definitely worth a visit.

Wishing your model stitcher and you fast fingers ! And good luck translating the piece in your head onto paper/fabric. :) Something tells me it'll look terrific.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home