20 June 2006

Getting there

I got almost all of my work done last night. All of the April releases were reprinted, and I wrote up the finishing directions for "Melodies." I should wrap up the charting work for "Melodies" tonight and do the photography for it, then that can be printed as well. I really need to get all of this work done this week because we have some friends and their little ones coming to visit this weekend, so there's no hope of getting anything done over the weekend. Something to remember is that when you buy a Cross Eyed Kat design, it is highly likely that every piece of the package has been touched by the designer. DH does get roped into the large collating sessions before trade shows, but I still run the in-house printer (including cursing at the paper jams). In fact, I was a one-woman show at Indianapolis. Here are a couple of shots of the booth.

Before (this is what the booth looked like when I first arrived and deposited my stuff there):


And after setup was complete:

Wow! It is hard to believe that so many designs have been released in two years! Yes, Cross Eyed Kat celebrated two years of offical releases May 25th, 2006.

Trivia Question 10: What was the first design released by Cross Eyed Kat?

Trivia Question 11: What Cross Eyed Kat design benefits the Lance Armstrong Foundation?

Trivia Question 12: What Cross Eyed Kat designs contain words in a language other than English(in the design)? (There are 3)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in response to the comments: Jenn, you're right, Oscar is similar to the Snowfight: Red dragon. I think he is smaller, though. He was drawn completely separately. I do tend to like red dragons, and then that leads me to a similar color palatte of DMC. Lets just say they're cousins. :) No ark yet, the water has subsided for now, but Winnie the Pooh used to say, "Tut-tut, it looks like rain!" I just hope it is not another 6 inches!

Shannon, for David Brin reading, I most recommend Startide Rising along with its sequel The Uplift War; I also like Earth; which may be interesting to go back and read now, considering it touched on privacy issues and South Lousiana flooding (although not New Orleans focused).

Another one of my favorite authors is Tad Williams, although I'm working to get through his Otherland series. I've read several other books this spring while having the first one of this series "in progress" mostly because it is hardback and I've been travelling. On the other hand, it hasn't been the page turner that several of his other books/series have been for me. I must say that Tad Williams is a very nice author and when he came as a guest to a sci-fi convention several years ago, I brought my entire collection of his works. I had bought a couple of hardback copies of his books which I had in paper back, and he had one book which was released in two parts in paperback. All in all, I think I had nine books of his with me. He took the time to sign every single one with personal messages. It is so fun to pick up those books now to re-read and find those messages at the front. If you've never read Tad Williams, and you like cats, run out and get a copy of Tailchaser's Song and read it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Well you know I'm off to find Tailchaser's Song ! lol

Your booth looked fabulous :) That's a ton of work to put up and down I'd imagine ? Not to mention all the work in the production department ;)

Ok, I'll take a stab at the questions. Keeping my fingers crossed...

First design released... Texas Wildflowers ?

Design benefiting L.A's foundation - Le Septieme Tour of course !

And the three designs containing words (letters anyway) in a language other than english are... All Greek to Me, When in Rome, and Egypt. Well, and the title of Le Septieme Tour...

Hope you're getting some relaxation time !

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home