19 June 2006

Making Christmas


Isn't it just too adorable? I think it took me about 3 nights to stitch up. The Estaz was fun to use, but a little big for the 28 count fabric. Arctic Rays or a Kreinik braid could also be used - whatever floats your boat as a tree garland.

We did get a bunch of rain this morning to go with all the rain we've had the past two days, and although the backyard drains aren't quite working and the yard is swampy, we're not flooding. It did fall fast and heavy this morning - I could just tell from the sound that it was a really hard rain. Yesterday we had a rainbow over our house after driving through a hard rain.

Tonight will be a full night (and I'm already tired from the rain waking me up) - I'm trying to finish off the chart for "Melodies", the iPod cover. I also have to do a bunch of printing to send charts out to my distributor. I hope to have those ready to ship tomorrow or the next day. If I can get it all done today and tomorrow, then I will have all of the Indianapolis work behind me and can start concentrating on new stuff, which is of course more fun.

Something dangerous happened to me last week - I learned how to knit! I can see why this knitting craze took off. It is almost a viral type of craft. Just get going, keep it with you, knit where ever you are. Now, how to make cross stitch like that?

I'm also reading a really great book. It is obviously a great book because I've read it so much the pages have broken out of the binding in one spot (that or the glue wasn't that good). It is Startide Rising by David Brin and I highly recommend it. It is a bit odd because some major events that pertain to the story occur before the book starts, but they get explained as the book goes along.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn L in Chicago said...

Gee, he looks an awful lot like Snow: Red! (which by the way... my draggie is finished and i'm on the snowballs!)

I like what little Brin I've read so far. He's on my (ever expanding) list of authors to check out further.

and is it time for an ark yet?

7:16 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Oh my - adorable ! That Estaz does look neat to use.

Uh oh... you're knitting. Should we be worried ? lol It is contagious though I'd say. Enjoy it :)

And thanks for the tip on a new-to-me author. I'm in the market for new ideas !

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home