18 April 2007

Busy busy busy

Here's a hint at things to come:




It is a bit blurry, but that is what happens when you only have a webcam for picture taking. All I will say is that stitching hand painted canvas is evilly addictive and silk silk silk!


I have a picture of the tree growing, but forgot the camera cable, so you will have to imagine its exponential growth for a day or so. The plants have survived the past two weekends of weirdly, unimaginably, cold and rainy weather. I mean, really, who thinks that it might sleet in HOUSTON for Easter? Ok, it didn't, but it barely made it to 40 degrees the Saturday before.


Luckily with all of the cold weather, I have been getting down to crafting business! Yay! One new design out to the model stitchers, which will be a collaboration design with Dinky Dyes. Of course that means it uses silk! (Say it with me, silk silk silk). Two new colors and two existing colors. It was quite interesting to send instructions off to a model stitcher with an as yet unnamed color. "This symbol is stitched with the funky xyz color." Another design wrapped up for the very patient model stitcher who completed half of it and then waited for me to decide what I wanted the rest to look like. Sometimes creativity comes in spurts. I'm stitching on another model, and had an inspiration strike for another design. Meanwhile, I need to paint and I'd like to complete another experiment. Oh, and I have to get my teaching piece done, which will then be available as a design/kit. All of this before the end of May! Insanity will reign.


But I got my taxes done a week ago!


Oh, just wanted to remind everyone that the Needlework Show opens tonight! http://www.theneedleworkshow.com Stop in and have a look. Although I don't have much new for this show, ok, it all has been out before, you can take the chance to request your favorite designs from needleworks stores. I'm also showcasing stitching T-shirts and the "X Marks the Spot" design!



This is one show where your input can help tell the shop-owners where you think the industry should be going! Your opinions (and dollars) count! Do you want more designs that are the same old same old? Or new, cool, and innovative designs (like Cross Eyed Kat designs)? Obviously, I think we need more new, cool, and innovative designs, but that's my personal opinion. :) If you don't see some of your favorite CEK designs in my Needlework Show "booth", that's because we're limited to 20, and it is a tough choice. I tried to choose mostly newish designs and ones that aren't carried by the major distributors, with a couple of old favorites. Remember, that all CEK designs are available, just ask for them by name from your favorite needlework shop!

Enjoy the show!

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger starydreamer said...

i am at the needlework show and my favorite design is the dragos welcome i love all dragons designs but this one is fantastic
starydreamersheaven@googlemail.com

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished looking at your designs at the Needlework show. I especially liked Labyrinth. It inspires serenity just viewing it.

mrsant48@yahoo.com

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been looking at your designs and am inspired by Maze. It looks fascinating.

capestitch@hotmail.com

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Labyrinth design. Our congregation has a labyrinth on our church grounds as well as a "portable" labyrinth that is put up at the soltisces and equinoxs. We also have an evening a month when the indoor labyrinth is available for those who wish to walk it.
Blessings
DebraM
suzy_xstitcher@yahoo.com

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really, really like 'Lucky Penny'

Such a lovely little dragon and his colors are exactly the colors in my living room. I think he is going to have to come home with me.

glenda andre
stitcher@n8kpl.net
http://www.n8kpl.net

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked at your designs at the needlework show & especially like the labyrinth - like the colours, the gradations, would really like to stitch this one!
R young
jorja89@yahoo.com.au

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I think that my favorite design of your is Lucky Penny.... Mother's Treasure is a close second.
Pamm_macrae1@yahoo.com

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just hanging out at the Needlework Show and stopped on your page for awhile. I did Lucky Penny last year *I think anyway*. He hangs in my guest room. I've been eyeing Dragons Welcome to hang on the door to my guest room. Now wouldn't that be a wonderful door prize?

Lady_Wizard@hotmail.com

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am visiting your booth right now at the Needlework Show. I'm almost
ashamed to say that I have not seen
your work before. Where I live we only have a very small LNS so at times I do feel rather deprived. Your work is great!! It's a really,
really hard choice to just choose one as a favorite. I have it narrowed down to 5!! Ok...just one,
I'd have to say... Dragons Welcome.
I'm going to look into getting this asap. Thanks for showing your work in the show!!
ddunlop@telus.net

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the Shared Cache design, I love fantasy and I love the movie The Little Mermaid. The colors are so pretty! Close second is Melodies, being a young stitcher I ove the concept of have something stitched to carry my iPod in. It's soooo nice and bright and cheery!

ShannonBananon
shannon_mcaulay@hotmail.com

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll try this again :)
I like The Labyrinth and The Hoarder. The Ralph and Oscar pieces are cute, too.

Naomah
Mainphoenix@intergate.com

2:24 PM  
Blogger lewmew said...

Love Shared Cache - great colors, unusual theme - everything a stitch could want!

Linda

4:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Triangularity - I generally enjoy geometrics, but I really love the way the color fades toward the center. I really would enjoy doing several other pieces as well: Dragons Welcome, Easter, Ellipse and Angle of Love (might intrigue my engineer husband!), and dragon vest. Vicki

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite (on your show page) is Lucky Penny - I love the scale of it and the detail is great!
Keep on designin' ! = )

Carolyn in VA
seeford at yahoo dot com

12:35 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

My favorite design ( only by a little) is It's Greek to me! Rome and the new Mayan chart are close in the competition though! Keep up the great work!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I love your designs, but especially the Labrynth. I have worked with Labrynths as a meditative tool, and I also do cross-stitch, so to have both is great!

Thanks,

vhelen@verizon.net

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am at the Needlework Show as I do not have any LNS nearby and mostly shop online.

I have to say that when I saw your ribbons, I was in Heaven. Have been searching for the organ ribbon for months and had just about given up hope. My DH received his 2nd liver transplant last summer so now you know why I love this chart. Both of are Diabetics as well.

I will be searching the online LNS stores to see where I can purchase this chart as it is a must have in my stash!!!!!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home